We're introducing our most exciting and comprehensive training package ever; to offer you the opportunity to learn range of exclusive skills in some of the key aspects of the lab's capabilities: 3D scanning, 3D printing, CAD file creation, laser cutting and CNC machining.
The package will run as follows;
- First you will be introduced and taught 3-D scanning. You will learn how to use our Einscan Pro Plus to scan several different objects and two scans will be progressed to the 3D printing stage.
- You will then receive full training on how to use our 3D printers - the Ultimaker for FDM printing and our Formlabs printer for SLA resin printing, giving you the skills required to start prototyping ideas, scans or CAd drawings.
- We will then offer you the opportunity to choose a CAD package, from Solidworks, Fusion 360 or Sketchup and our technical specialists will show you the basics of how to CAD a model from scratch.
- From here we will move onto laser cutting. We have 3 laser cutters which vary in size, power and cutting capability. You will be taught how to create create several different types of file including etching, engraving cutting 2D and assembled 3D design in Adobe Illustrator. We will then guide you through the process of laser cutting these designs.
- The final module is exclusive to this package and will give you the opportunity to get hands-on with our CNC. In this module you will first learn how to import a vector file into Artcam and apply toolpaths for 2D cutting. You'll also learn about the CNC machine itself including its heath and safety aspects, choosing the right tooling for your work and material, the setup, clean down and routine maintenance of the machine.
3 full (8 Hour)days
Beginner to Advanced